Please note: All photos posted by myfoodbook.net are taken with the iPhone (unless otherwise noted). Most posts are also uploaded via the iPhone and edited with the iPad.

Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prawn and Asparagus Stir Fry at Kitti's

Our server "Nam" who is not only a great server but also makes every visit a joy with her sweet personality. Always a pleasure with her around.

The Prawn and Asparagus Stir Fry at Kitti’s today was, as usual, very good (as most dishes are). This was on the specials menu (which I am most likely to order from as I have had almost all of the dishes on the regular menu). Also on the specials menu was the “YenTafo” soup, which I liked so much and blogged about last week, and since I am a big fan of both asparagus and prawns, it was harder than normal to decide. So as you can see I selected the asparagus and prawns. First, I must say that every prawn I have had at Kitti’s has been large, sweet and cooked to perfection. So many places I have had prawns either overcook them, uses frozen “Supermarket” variety (if you know what I mean?) or they are small (which are even easier to overcook) and dry. The prawns were butterflied with the tails still on, which makes them easy to eat and adds a nice look to the dish. As for the asparagus, like the prawns, they were cooked to perfection and well trimmed without the “woody” ends. Along with the asparagus and prawns were red and yellow sweet peppers, Thai basil and a spicy sauce (most likely made from some form of chili paste). Then the dish was covered in fried rice noodles, which add a great texture (though no real flavor) and served with a side of brown rice. This being a simple dish with just a few flavors I thought it very well executed. The basil was the strongest flavor with the sweet peppers bringing up the rear and adding a sweetness. The chili sauce added the tang and spice, giving the mouth some heat. The brown rice was good but I may have preferred this served on a bed of Pad Thai noodles. Anyway, this was a good simple dish with two of my favorite foods. Go Kitti’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment